QUIM Alcantara (Sao Paulo SP, Brazil – 1981) paints current issues like the global warming to make people think about it, but without forgetting the beauty of art so that they can enjoy the paintings. His work is focused on contemporary politic-environmental facts like the earthquakes at Haiti and Chile, Amazon deforestation and Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
QUIM developed his own abstract style along the time.
He have a solid experience in art painting, having worked at Art Atelier Gogo & Pimpa by 05 years and worked freelance in murals at restaurants, hotels, luxury stores, among others besides Trompe L’Oeil paintings and décor shows. QUIM also coursed art and history classes during this period. Although in the last 08 years he hard worked on offices, during an abstention of arts after loosing his father.
Only in the late 2009 his production of artworks gained consistency. The actual phase highlights the influences of cubism, post-impressionism and modernism, with acrylic paint on canvas and raw fabrics as his main technic.
Industrial design, graphic design, branding and identity, product design, packaging, web design.
- Born: Sao Paulo SP, Brazil – 1981
- “2010 Buffalo Infringement Festival” – Nobody’s Art Center. Buffalo NY, USA. 2010.
- “Arte na Metrópole” (Art at the Metropolis) – Casa Cor 2010 Art Gallery. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2010.
- “Art Breaks Boundaries” - 464 Gallery. Buffalo NY, USA. 2010.
- “V Salão de Verão” (V Summer Salon) - Mali Villas-Boas Gallery. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2010.
- Design MovelSul – Concourse. Bento Goncalves RS, Brazil. 2004.
- “Plasticidades” - CasaShopping. Rio de Janeiro RJ. 2003.
- VIII FAAP Design Week - FAAP. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2003.
- 1st Prize TGI - CADesign Magazine. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2002.
- “VII Semana do Design FAAP” (VII FAAP Design Week) - FAAP. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2002.
- “VI Semana do Design FAAP” (VI FAAP Design Week) - FAAP. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2001.
- Annual Exhibit - Panamericana School of Art and Design. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 1998.
- Annual Exhibit - Panamericana School of Art and Design. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 1997.
- "Did Duchamp was a quack? What about contemporary artists?" http://www.allartnews.com/did-duchamp-was-a-quack-what-about-contemporary-artists/
- Presentation “Project Puzzle” – FAAP. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2003.
- Presentation “Responsabilidade e Embalagens” (Responsibility and Packaging) - Anhembi-Morumbi Design Week. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2002.
- Debate “Formação e Mercado” (Studies and Work fields) - VII Design Week FAAP. Sao Paulo SP, Brazil. 2002.
Museum and Public Collections
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Senhor do Bonfim - BA (Brazil).
Groups you share with this member